Friday, April 15, 2011

The Circus is leaving town...



Well...I guess it's time to talk about it...Ripe also helps people paint and decorate their home...
we call it "Feathering the Nest"...















Together, with my fearless PainterGrrls, Ripe transforms spaces into amazing living environments. What we're looking at today is the home of The Shoeman. We transformed everything that was white (which was everything...) into a cool, sophisticated home for a pimpin' Shoeman.













We had great furniture to work around...and a blank slate. The whole job encompassed a cathedral living room/foyer,...dining room, stairwell,...

hallway, and master bedroom. We'll be continuing Rockstar style with an awesome accent wall in the dining room...

and a funky finish in a powder room...
See...This is how Ripe Art got started. Your Loyal Warrior Princess was a Paintergrrl herself. Walking around in painter's whites, hanging around Aboff's, doing awesome faux finishes in people's homes, and living in the circus...That's what I call spending time on contraptions called scaffolding and ladders...
Such dangerous work also, realistically, has a shelf life. And I had given myself (optimistically) until 45 to be climbing scaffolding...Luckly, the business has gotten me off the tightrope a few years early, and the universe brought me an amazing company of Paintergrrls to boss around...just kidding girls!...

This hasn't been an easy job, and those sweet monkey girls have been in this home for three, 3!... weeks! They ROCKED it out,..and now your Loyal Rockstar Framer is going back in solo to lux this sweet crib out. This is a house I painted in when I first started about 7 years ago...I did the family room/kitchen and the kid's rooms all fauxed out.

So this will be a cool showcase of what I can do with color and pattern. We might even have a hand in the master bath renovation!
Will keep you posted with some finished pix soon. xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment