Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Houseboat Project.

Day One of Houseboat S.S. "Charisma"....nee. "Queen of Hearts" renovation.
This is the Houseboat bequeathed to me by The Pirate of Centerport. This fine vessel is hard aground...from the late 60's, and in dire need of a gentle, helpful Rockstar hand.
The Bridge, as it is today, May 1, 2011...

I quickly set up command central on the Fore Deck...handbag, Mother's old cushions, blackberry, and trusty iced tea.

I immediately made the Pirate move the creepy mannequin out of the head...



Then I attacked all the closetes and drawers, moved furniture, and tossed a lot of gross stuff...the view down into the livingroom...

Wondering about how this this 32' ship stays afloat? This is the "cradle of the sea" for my Miss Charisma....*jazzhands**

Wall colors have been chosen, windows have been measured...a meeting took place about how to proceed with certain repairs, and cleaning issues...Over all, a brilliant day!

2 comments:

  1. The creepy mannaquin was living in the shower...not a pretty sight. It's a male mannaquin with long viking hair...it's now standing guard on the Pirate's driveway, in full naked glory, now adorned with a valkerie hat.
    Scared the crap outta me when I walked into the head for the first time! Good riddance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dry dock allujiah!

    ReplyDelete