Wednesday, March 2, 2011

True RockStars...




I mean, really... Joan, Deb, Joey...? Who was cooler as I grew up than the three above.
Very important to how I express myself fashion wise. True rockstar... I needed white keds with no laces because of Joey.


The inclusion of Husker Du to this important list is really based on Bob Mould and the songwriter/noisemaker he is. "Flip Your Wig", "Candy Apple Grey", and "Warehouse" were very important albums in the high school years. Now, Bob's solo work is very important to me. He can really say it the best...anything you'd ever have to say. The noise that comes from specifically "Last Dog & Pony Show" and his self title disk, ROCK my soul...

Ultimate RockStars!!!!
Bowie blew my mind...the way he looked, the way he sang, his words...*sigh*...
I Once couldn't listen to Bowie for a year or so because it reminded me of a boy...
But I got back together with David once I was over the boy.
He was Ziggy, and he's still so cool.

Iggy. Well.....HOT! is what i said/say. LOVE! And the way he writhes, that voice, and that hair...no shirt, he's SO cool...I'd so be Iggy's girl. Period.

Lou is a genius...gorgeous, troubled, mysterious...I love "Transformer" because you can hear Bowie all over it. Lou has never not rocked. And he hung out with Warhol...
The same boy that once spoiled Bowie, said to me, "I don't think I've ever listened to as much Lou Reed as I have with you!"....*sigh*...

That's a quick go-to list of music and musicians who influenced a lot of who I am.
Since I dare to use the term "rockstar", when referring to myself, I feel it is important to explain what "rockstar" means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment